It's no secret that we're living through a skincare revolution. As more and more people take time to pamper their bodies, it's important to find the right ingredients. One of those ingredients is Hyaluronic Acid—and it's quickly becoming one of the most popular choices for various reasons. This article explains the benefits of Hyaluronic Acid for the skin and how you can incorporate it into your daily skincare routine.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps retain its elasticity, or "plumpness." As we age, the production of Hyaluronic Acid decreases. In fact, by the time you turn 50, your body produces only half as much as it did when you were 20 years old.
As a result of this decrease in production—and subsequent loss of elasticity—your face tends to lose its shape and appear saggy, with fine lines and wrinkles appearing on your forehead and around the eyes. But there's good news! You can restore lost collagen at any stage by adding Hyaluronic Acid to your skincare routine through a topical application (such as creams) or oral consumption (in supplements).
What does Hyaluronic Acid do for you?
Hydration and moisture retention are among the key Hyaluronic acid skin benefits. Hyaluronic Acid has been proven to:
- Cleanse skin. Hyaluronic Acid is an effective skin cleanser for acne because it dissolves dirt and oil, which helps clear your pores and reduces the appearance of acne scars and blackheads.
- Moisturise skin. Hyaluronic Acid attracts water molecules to the surface of your skin, giving it a plump, youthful appearance that makes it easier for you to apply moisturisers without them sliding off immediately.
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Hyaluronic Acid hydrates your skin from the inside out to reduce fine lines and wrinkles by increasing collagen production in your cells and hydrating them. Hence, they look full and radiant all day long, even if you're not wearing makeup.
- Improve skin elasticity. With Hyaluronic Acid, you don't need as many anti-ageing creams like Retinol or Vitamin C serums because their effects will be even stronger. After all, less damage happens under the surface than before starting to use these products regularly at home every morning before bedtime routine.
Types of Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body. Hyaluronic Acid has two types: high molecular weight (HMW) and low molecular weight (LMW).(1) HMW Hyaluronic acid has a higher molecular weight than LMW, which means it's more prominent in size and cannot penetrate the skin as effectively as its smaller counterpart. The most commonly used Hyaluronic acid forms are sodium hyaluronate and hydrolysed Hyaluronic Acid.
Hyaluronic Acid is used as an ingredient in many skincare products, including moisturisers and face serums. It's also used in injectable fillers to enhance the appearance of facial features such as lips, cheeks, and around the eyes.
Hyaluronic Acid uses
Hyaluronic Acid is also a popular ingredient in food and cosmetics, making it an incredibly versatile substance that benefits all areas of life. One of the most popular uses for Hyaluronic Acid is as a skincare product. This compound is used to hydrate and moisturise the skin, making it smoother and more elastic. It can treat acne by keeping bacteria from colonising your face and causing breakouts. The other Hyaluronic Acid uses include wound healing, joint pain relief, and even hair loss prevention. This compound is beneficial and can be found in many different products.
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid For Skin
Dermatologists recommend the benefits of Hyaluronic Acid (2) for skin treatments. It treats wrinkles and ageing and helps improve the appearance of damaged skin. When paired with Vitamin C or Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid is especially effective at fighting free radicals—the cause of premature ageing and other skin conditions.
- Hyaluronic Acid is a humectant that draws water to the skin reducing the appearance of wrinkles and helping to increase skin moisture levels.
- Hyaluronic Acid helps improve skin's elasticity by increasing collagen production, which supports your skin's structure and keeps it firm. As we age, our collagen production slows, resulting in sagging and wrinkled skin. By restoring collagen production through topical use of Hyaluronic acid products like serums or moisturisers (like this one), you can help keep your skin looking youthful longer.
- Hyaluronic Acid is a powerful humectant that can be used to treat wrinkles and fine lines, as well as improve hydration levels throughout the body. Products containing HA may help smooth out fine lines or reduce the appearance of age spots on your face.
- Other potential health benefits of Hyaluronic Acid: It may help keep joints and bones healthy, relieve dry eye symptoms, moisturise hair and reduce skin scarring.
Skin health benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic Acid is a powerful anti-ageing ingredient that can help improve the health of your skin in many ways.
- Skin hydration: Hyaluronic Acid binds water to the outermost layers of skin, so it's effective at keeping moisture in your complexion. It also reduces transepidermal water loss (TEWL) by up to 40 per cent, which means less moisture escapes from under your skin and into the air.
- Moisturising: Natural hygroscopic Hyaluronic acid properties keep moisture within your face by attracting and holding water molecules tightly. Dry complexions and those with compromised barrier function (like eczema) benefit from Hyaluronic Acid.
- Plumping: When topically applied to fine lines and wrinkles, HA fills in volume gaps caused by collagen degradation over time—enhancing smoothness while decreasing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles!
Get Glowing, Beautiful Skin with Lotus Hyaluronic Face Serum
If you're looking for a good Hyaluronic face serum, then look no further. Hyaluronic Acid Ultra Glow Hydration Boosting Face Serum by Lotus Botanicals will provide your skin with all the moisture it needs while making it feel supple and smooth. This product also contains raspberry goodness to keep you looking younger, fight wrinkles and fine lines, and improve your complexion. You can also use this serum on acne-prone skin to make it clear and even!
How to Use:
- Wash your face with Lotus Botanicals face wash, then pat dry.
- Apply a few drops of the serum to your clean face and neck, ideally after cleansing and toning.
- Gently massage Hyaluronic face serum into your skin until you see it absorb.
- It's best to use Hyaluronic face serum at night when you're not exposed to the sun.
- Always follow up with a moisturiser, day cream, or night cream, which will lock in the Hyaluronic Acid and keep it from evaporating.
- If you want to use this product during the day, apply sunscreen over it.
- You can mix the HA serum with an anti-ageing lotus face cream or face serums, such as Vitamin C or retinol.
- If you have sensitive skin, use it once a week and slowly increase the frequency. -This face serum can be used on its own or mixed with your favourite face moisturiser or sunscreen.
Check out how to choose the best sunscreen for your skin type.
Hyaluronic Acid is a powerful natural skincare ingredient that can do so many things to help you maintain youthful-looking skin. Using it with other ingredients like retinol, peptides, or vitamin C is important because they work together to give you maximum results. Shop for the best beauty products, including moisturising serums, ubtan facewash, scrubs, night creams, and more, at Lotusbotanicals.com - India’s leading premium skincare and haircare products company. Read More About Why choose Clean beauty products.