Most of us have a particular skincare routine that we have followed regularly for years. It’s true that skincare works best when you follow it routinely and use the right products. But as seasons change, our skin transforms too, and with it come skin problems specific to different seasons. Although your current skincare routine may feel ideal to you, it does not show the best results throughout the year. You may have noticed unexplained pimples, patches of dry skin or other sudden changes that occur despite following your skincare routine. These occur during the transition of the seasons when the humidity, temperature and weather outside are a little rough on your skin. But you need not worry, because we have a solution for all your seasonal skincare issues. Read along for some helpful seasonal skincare tips for meticulous skincare in every season.
Tips And Tricks For Skincare Routine Seasonal Change
You may have believed that skin care in every season remains the same, but your skin needs some special pampering to make sure it remains its healthiest no matter the weather. You can follow this easy skincare routine for different seasons and notice the improvement in skin texture and health. 
Summer Skincare Transition Tips
- The most important tip for the transition to the summer season is that you must increase the amount of sunscreen you apply. Sunscreen is the primary shield against all harmful external agents, especially UV rays of the sun. (2) Sun damage can happen anytime, even when there is cloud cover, which is why you should wear sunscreen all the time.
- Switch to a lighter moisturiser which will help you feel less heavy throughout the summer.
- Cleanse your skin and exfoliate using a scrub at least two times a week to avoid breakouts.
Fall Skincare Transition Tips
- This is the time to take care of your skin by hydrating it using a nourishing moisturiser. You can also switch to a slightly thicker or creamier moisturiser if you are experiencing a lot of dryness.
- Use products that will calm your skin and feel soothing. You can use body oils or polishes to relax your mind and give your skin a deeply hydrating massage that improves circulation.
- Stay protected from allergies by using hypoallergenic and skin-friendly products.
Winter Skincare Transition Tips
- The cold air can be harsh on your skin and cause excessive dryness, chapping and other problems. Keep your skin moisturised with a heavy moisturiser and lip balm.
- Use nourishing and hydrating natural products that will protect your skin from inflammation and irritation
- Along with moisturisation, your skin also needs regular exfoliation that will prevent any material from clogging your pores.
- Use hyaluronic acid and retinol for extra nourishment to your skin and face.
- Apply a face mask or other face products containing vitamin C which is an essential component for skin health.
Seasonal Skincare Tips: Spring
- You can layer your hydration by applying serums or facial oils under your primary layer of moisturiser. This will also make your skin look less oily than if you used a heavy moisturiser.
- Use an eye cream that contains antioxidants and peptides that will help reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Pay attention to sun protection and never step out of the house without wearing sunscreen.
Skincare Tips For All Seasons
When seasons change, it is best to change your skincare products to suit the coming weather. Observe how your skin reacts to cold weather vs warm weather and switch to products that suit your skin better. Here are some skincare tips that work for every season.
- It is recommended to load up on products with vitamins C and A, as these contain antioxidants that will help your skin heal and protect it during all seasons.
- Gently exfoliate your skin which will help protect it from cold weather and allow better moisturization too.
- Remember that skincare not just includes your face, but also your lips, eyes, hands, legs and entire body. Cleanse and moisturise every part of your body for smooth and soft skin.
What Has an Impact on Our Skin Seasonally?
Seasonal changes have a minute but very noticeable changes on your skin, and sometimes these small changes can cause a lot of discomfort, if not tended to properly.
- Summers bring about skin irritation and acne for many people. Hot weather means more sweat, which increases the chances of bacterial infections on the skin.
- An increase in humidity during the monsoons should be balanced by using lighter non-comedogenic products which can reduce the occurrence of flare ups, psoriasis and other skin problems
- In winter, the weather as well as several heating devices used tend to suck away the moisture from our skin and lead to severe dryness and rough skin.
Use All-Natural, Cruelty-Free Skincare Products
Along with following the proper skincare routine during the transition of the season, you must also choose the right skincare products that will make your skin look healthy and glowing. Lotus botanicals have a wide range of natural, skin-friendly products that will soothe your skin and help you with different skin issues.
- Face Moisturiser: The Vitamin C infused skin brightening face moisturiser is ideal for use in all seasons, and will thoroughly hydrate your skin.
- Vitamin C Face Serum: Give your skin the power of antioxidants and get radiant, glowing skin.
- Bio Retinol Day Creme: This daydream helps fight signs of ageing and revives dull skin to reveal a youthful glow.
- Vitamin C MatteFluid Sunscreen: Protect your skin from harmful UV rays and from tanning by using this natural vitamin C sunscreen with SPF 50.
How To Take Care Of Different Skin Types in Different Seasons?
Different seasons have different impacts on our skin. Summer tends to cause breakouts, which is why you may need to switch to less greasy products. Winters increase dryness, so you can shift to a heavier moisturiser. Observe the changes in your skin in the different seasons, and use products accordingly.
What season is best for skin care?
You must follow skincare regularly in all seasons, however, some seasons have a particularly harsh impact on your skin such as summer and winter. Autumn is a season when your skin can recover from the effect of summer on your skin.
Does skin change every season?
While the skin does not change every season, the season has a different impact on your skin, which is why it may change in appearance and show the presence of acne, pimples, rashes, etc.
Should Your Skincare Routine Change With The Seasons?
Yes, your skincare routine should absolutely transform with the seasons, as the needs of your skin change as well.